Are you looking for a product that can help you to boost your libido and overall mood? Then, you have come to the right place. Mucuna Pruriens or also known as L-dopa bean, is used in Ayurvedic medicine. This is an Indian practice of healing, that uses mucuna because of its natural healing properties. It is believed that the bean mucuna may help in elevating your mood, improving libido, boosting your focus, reducing anxiety and lowering stress levels.
According to Karen Kurtak, a professional acupuncturist, "Mucuna Pruriens is considered to be a magic herbal supplement as it can improve your sex drive, energy, well-being and motivation." She also added that the mucuna pruriens extract also helps in lowering the possibility of overeating.
The mucuna pruriens is included in the adaptogen family, this is because iSt is a healing plant that is capable of regulating your hormones. It has something to do with your body's capability to handle stress. In addition to that, the mucuna pruriens seed has a potent content of L-dopa, which is a precursor to dopamine.
As mentioned by the acupuncturist Karen, the dopamine levels of a person have something to do in handling emotions, pleasure and motivation. With low dopamine levels, you may end up depressed, unfocused and lethargic. Individuals who are suffering from Parkinson's disease have a low level of dopamine. On the other hand, high levels of dopamine can lead to thrill-seeking behavior or being impulsive.
If you found out yourself having these symptoms, it is best to consider taking mucuna pruriens-based supplements. Do not forget to seek the guidance of a professional first.
In this post, we are going to provide you with our thorough review of the best pruriens Mucuna supplements. If you want to know more about it, please keep on reading. Enjoy!
NOW Foods Dopa Mucuna
- Standardized Mucuna Extract
- Naturally Occurring 15% L-Dopa
- Brain Support*
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect...
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
NOW Foods is a popular manufacturer of authentic supplements that uses a holistic formulation approach. It entered the industry more than 50 years ago. They are known for creating supplements with organic ingredients, non-GMO and sustainable practices.
Each capsule of NOW Foods Dopa Mucuna contains 15 percent of L-Dopa content. That being said, each capsule of mucuna pruriens-based supplement contains 120 milligrams of L-Dopa content.
- It does not contain binders, artificial ingredients, and fillers
- It is 100 percent Kosher
- Good for Vegans and vegetarians
- 15 percent of L-Dopa Content
- Has lots of good customer reviews
- No cons discovered
Samsara Mucuna Pruriens Powder
- 20:1 Concentrated Extract - EASY to use (Scoop, Mix, Drink)
- Highest Grade Source - Potent, Pure & Effective! (NOTICE: We have upgraded...
- Highest Grade Source
- 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee!
This is another herbal supplement that contains velvet beans from pruriens mucuna. If you are looking for a supplement with L-DOPA as its main ingredient, then the Samsara Herbs Mucuna Pruriens Powder is perfect for you. This supplement is in the form of powder, which can be dissolved easily. It is packed inside a large bag with a simple design. The powder can be mixed into shakes, smoothies, water or foods.
Samsara Herbs is a small yet popular company that offers high-quality supplements. They use pure pruriens extract packed inside a bulk package. Their quality-made products are affordable because they use simpler packaging and formulations.
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Has lots of great reviews
- The pruriens mucuna supplement is tested for various contaminants, such as yeast, mold, and bacteria.
- Powder form
- No cons discovered
- Let Solaray help you Shine
- Our goal is to bring all of the earth's healthful nutrients to you
- Every Solaray product is rigorously tested to ensure you get the results...
Another producer of supplements using the velvet bean, or mucuna pruriens, is the Solaray. It is a nutraceutical company that was originated in Utah way back in the 1970s. The company manufactured more than 1000 various products, sold in at least 60 countries around the world.
Mucuna pruriens, is believed to be a good supplement to treat Parkinson's disease. Individuals who are suffering from this kind of disease have low levels of dopamine. That's why many experts recommend taking mucuna pruriens-based supplements. One of the best examples of supplements with mucuna pruriens seed is the Solaray Dopabean. The said supplement contains 15 percent of L-DOPA content. Each capsule having 50 milligrams of L-DOPA. Aside from the high levels of mucuna pruriens extract, this capsule is also packed with alpha-galactosidase, which may help the body to break down foods easier. Not only that, but it is also enteric-coated, which means you may not experience any stomach irritation.
- Good for vegetarians
- 15 percent of L-DOPA
- No cons discovered
Source Naturals Mucuna Dopa
- Melatonin supplements can safely and effectively restore balance to the...
- Melatonin, unlike other antioxidants, easily diffuses into all cells, and...
- Melatonin is a powerful and versatile antioxidant produced within the body....
- Suitable for vegetarians. Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, soy,...
- The addition of calcium helps assist the brain use the amino acid...
If you are looking for another supplement that can aid Parkinson's disease and improve the blood-brain barrier, then you may consider the Source Naturals Mucuna Dopa.
Source Naturals is a well-respected and large manufacturer of different supplements. In this industry, Source Naturals is one of the best companies with products you should consider.
The Mucuna Dopa made by the Source Naturals contains the pruriens seed extract and is packed inside a quality-made pill. It has a potent amount of L-DOPA, which is about 60 percent. This means that each capsule contains 100 milligrams of DOPA content.
- It has the potent extract of mucuna pruriens seed
- A single container contains 120 capsules
- It is quite expensive.
MicroIngredients Organic Mucuna Pruriens Extract
- Micro Ingredients Organic Mucuna Pruriens Powder,16 Ounce, Premium Mucuna...
- Powerfully Supports Energy, Stamina, Endurance, Strength and Immune System.
- No GMOs, No Preservatives, No Sugar, No Artificial Colors, No Flavors, No...
- Scoop included to get the measurement every time. Take it daily with or...
- Powder lover? Take it naturally in powder for higher concentration, quicker...
If you are looking for a manufacturer that produces USDA-approved supplements, then you may consider the products produced by the MicroIngredients. They are known for creating powdered supplements using raw ingredients with quality formulation. Even though the product went through a lot of technology, you can ensure that the nutritional value and flavor of the supplement are well retained.
The MicroIngredients Organic Mucuna Pruriens Extract is a high-quality supplement that is also suitable for Vegans. This product does not contain any fillers, gluten or GMOs.
- Free from fillers, preservatives, and additives
- No fillers or additives
- 100 percent Kosher
- Free from gluten
- Good for Vegan and vegetarians
- It has an unknown content of L-dopamine.
Swanson Mucuna Pruriens
- Herbal boost for healthy mental and sexual function
- Effectively used by both men and women
- Popular herb indigenous to India
The Swanson Mucuna Pruriens supplement contains pure and high levels of mucuna extract. It comes in a form of a pill. According to the manufacturers, one should take it once a day. Per pill, the supplement has 350 milligram content of mucuna pruriens. The good thing is, the manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee if the user seems unsatisfied after months of using their product.
The origin of the manufacturer is dated way back to 1969 in Fargo, North Dakota. The company started and became popular with its vitamin E capsules.
- Guaranteed potency and purity of mucuna pruriens
- Money-back guarantee
- GMP certified
- It has the unknown content of L-dopamine.
Absorb Health Mucuna Pruriens
Even though the Absorb Health is just new in the industry, which was started way back to 2011, they gained lots of popularity and support from their market. They are popularized by many, mainly because they use only natural health techniques. The main goal of the company is to provide its customers with affordable, quality products.
One of the popular products made by Absorb Health is the Mucuna Pruriens supplement that comes with a money-back guarantee. This makes it possible for you to ask for a refund if you think the supplement is not effective for you. Another great thing about this supplement is that it does not contain any cutting agents.
- Money-back guarantee
- A single container contains 100 capsules
- It does not have dopamine content.
Bulksupplements Mucuna Pruriens Extract Powder
- Rich in antioxidants and May support brain function* - mood booster
- May aid cognitive function and May promote healthy mood* - mood boosting...
- Mucuna pruriens powder may aid with healthy sleep and may contribute to...
- May aid libido*
- May help promote healthy sleep*
If you are looking for a supplement that contains the pure extract of Mucuna pruriens bean, then the Mucucan pruriens extract powder made by the Bulksupplements is perfect for you.
This capsule has potent content of dopamine. The other benefit is that it can be purchased at a very low price.
Regarding the manufacturer, the Bulksupplements is originated in Henderson, Nevada manufacturing more than 400 supplements. They pride themselves in using quality ingredients to produce quality products.
- Good customer reviews
- Pure ingredients
- It contains unknown l-dopamine content.
HawaiiPharm Mucuna Alcohol-Free Liquid Extract
- Highest Strength Mucuna NON-Alcohol liquid extract! To purchase an...
- Mucuna NON-Alcohol liquid extract contains ONLY natural ingredients!
- High Quality Mucuna NON-Alcohol liquid extract- we use classic conventional...
- Super concentrated Mucuna NON-Alcohol extract: dried material / solvents...
- We strictly use Only Certified Organic or ethically sourced wild harvested...
The HawaiiPharm Mucuna is a liquid extract of mucuna pruriens bean that is free from gluten as well as alcohol. Though it is more expensive when compared to the other Mucuna pruriens supplements mentioned above.
One of the good things about this supplement is that it has a potent ingredient of precursor to dopamine.
The HawaiiPharm is a viable company that is known for producing liquid herbal extracts and tinctures. Their supplements do not cause any adverse side effects, considering that they are thoroughly processed. The company that was started in 2008.
- Gluten-free and Non-GMO
- A single container contains 120 capsules
- Potent mucuna pruriens bean extract
- It is expensive
- It contains unknown content of L-dopamine, which may cause some mild problems.
Pure Science Supplements Mucuna Pruriens
Pure Science has been popularized by many for its capability to create powerful supplements that are made from mucuna pruriens. One of the good things about this product is that it has a potent content of L-DOPA. There's nothing to worry about since it does not cause any adverse side effects.
As per the manufacturer, Pure Science Supplements is a company that produces a good quality set of herbal remedies. The company started to operate in the Asian Pacific. They only use top-notch ingredients and follow advanced manufacturing standards. With that in mind, you can be sure that it works effectively and safely.
- It has a high level of L-DOPA
- GMP certified
- It is good for the vegans and vegetarians
- It is pricy
- A single contains 50 capsules only.
Does Mucuna Prureins Really Work?
If this is your first time using Mucuna Prureins, you may be asking yourself if it works. Well, yes it does!
The supplements made from mucuna pruriens bean extract really work, but, it is only true if you follow the right guidelines and dosage.
If you are experiencing problems, like anxiety, depression, and others, it would be great to seek the help of a doctor before taking any capsule or the supplements mentioned above. This is because pruriens may cause side effects or worsen a current medical condition you might be having.
One of the most notable benefits that taking pruriens may give to its users is its capability to aid diseases, such as Parkinson's.
How Much Mucuna Pruriens Should You Take?
According to the experts, if you want to increase your HGH level, it is recommended to start taking the supplement at 5 grams of dosage. But, this is only the general dosage recommendation. If you want to treat other conditions using this supplement, please seek medical advice.
What are the Possible Side Effects of Mucuna Pruriens?
If you are currently taking antipsychotic drugs or anti-depression medications, experts do not recommend you to take it as it is likely to cause drug interaction, which might lead to other complications.
If you take the capsule at a higher dose, you might experience mild side effects, which include insomnia, abnormal body movement, abdominal bloating and nausea.
Some users feel sleepy after some hours of taking it, while others don't feel any implications after months of taking it.
If you are looking for a good supplement made from Mucuna Pruriens, it is important to purchase the product only from the reliable and trusted manufacturers.
In addition to that, you should also check the potency of dopamine or if it is FDA approved or not. There are a variety of mucuna prurient supplements that you can purchase in the market, coming in different forms, including: liquid extracts, powders, capsules and pills. With that in mind, it is always important to assess yourself and your needs.
If you are new to taking this kind of supplement, we recommend that you to start using it at a lower dosage first. On the other hand, if you are going to use it to treat other ailments, you should seek the help of a doctor in order to receive the right dosage recommendation suitable for you.
The products mentioned above are the best and most recommended supplements you should consider to try.